Monday 26 August 2019

Types of PhD researchers in current world


Positivist, Interpretive, and Critical Research

Why I see myself as a Positivist Researcher(PR):
I see myself as a Positivist researcher because of the following facts,
1      I prefer dealing with quantitative data, surveys, accurate experiments on the subject matter and using statistical tool which will be appropriate for my research.
2.      I prefer to do a systematic research combining empirical observation and deductive logic.
3.      I feel that everything needs to be seen through a scientific lens.
4.      To derive at a pattern I would use scientific tools/methods, surveys to arrive at the data set and statistical analysis.
5.      I rely on known and observable scientific facts.

Why I see myself as a Interpretive Researcher(IR):
I see myself as a Interpretive researcher because of the following facts,
1.      I would focus on understanding subjective experiences rather than simply observing facts as a positivist.
2.      As a interpretive researcher I would emphasize on conducting  a very close, detailed reading of the subject matter to arrive at a deep understanding.
3.      In addition to observable scientific facts I would use my common sense for my research.
4.      As a IR I strongly feel both scientific laws and common sense are important to carry out a research in their respective domain
5.      As a IR I would I always find a answer to the question “HOW” rather going by the scientific and observable facts.

Why I see myself as a Critical Researcher(CR):
I see myself as a Interpretive researcher because of the following facts,
1.      As a CR I take a neutral approach, I would use multiple layers in my research work.
2.      The multiple layers include, empirical, real and actual.
3.      As a CR I feel that scientific observations, empirical data and inner feeling/commonsense alone is not enough to carry out a research.
4.      I strongly feel that knowledge is power
5.      As a CR I don’t want to be a rational decision maker.


Difference Between PR, IR and CR
S.No
PR
IR
CR
1
Quantitative data, Surveys and structural experiments
Common sense, inner feelings and qualitative data
Knowledge is Power
2
Scientific tools/methods, surveys to arrive at the data set and statistical analysis
How analysis
Neutral Approach
3
Narrow approach
Localized, Microlevel and short term approach
Broader and long term structural approach
4
Single layer research methodology
Single layer research methodology
CR states that research consist of multiple layers
5
Aim of PR is to prove the fact
Aim of IR is to answer how and why
Aim is to empower


Conclusion:
I see myself as a CRITICAL RESEARCHER because,
1.      I feel knowledge is power and the end result of a research is just not to prove facts rather empower.
2.      I don’t want to stick to a narrow, localized, micro-level, short term approach and I feel my research should be multilayered, both qualitative and quantitative in nature.
3.      As a CR I feel we can observe  empirical reality using our senses and our personal experiences with the empirical reality is always not pure, neither neutral nor unmediated.
4.      As a CR I feel both PR and IR are rational decision makers and their decisions are always not pure in nature.
5.      As a CR I reject both PR and IR as their views are detached and concerned only with studying the problem instead of providing solution or acting on it.
h
Here in Lockeys, www.lockeys.in , we provide the best Phd Proposal, Thesis writing, publication in Scopus, SCI and Annexure-1 support in chennai, TamilNadu










No comments:

Post a Comment